As an organizational member of the Alliance for Space Development, the Space Development Steering Committee is calling on its members and supporters to participate in the 2017 August Home District Blitz.
The blitz uses a grassroots network of volunteers to meet with Senators, Representatives, and staffers in their local district offices. The objective is to raise legislative awareness of the Citizens’ Space Agenda. The agenda for the August 2017 blitz focuses on the following three policy proposals.
- To establish an Ultra Low Cost Access to Space (ULCATS) program based on a public-private partnership model.
- To facilitate the development of a robust cis-Lunar economy based on the commercial purchase of:
- Transportation services for crew and cargo
- Fuel and consumables derived from Lunar and asteroid resources
- Goods manufactured in space
- Add program funding to the NASA budget to protect the Earth by supporting the JPL NEOCAM space-based Near Earth Object detection telescope.
As a free, volunteer-based program, the August Home District Blitz is the perfect opportunity for supporters of space development to meet with elected officials to discuss the importance of space. Information about past August Blitzes is available at http://www.nss.org/legislative/.